Want you, neighbors, to envy you when they look at your home? Or you also want added security features at your door to give intruders a really hard time? Are you looking for external doors, internal doors, patio doors, or French doors? With the advancement in materials science over decades and many technological breakthroughs, engineers have built perhaps the best material of the decade which is not only durable but also economical and styles your home incredibly! Meet the next-gen material – UPVC windows and doors.
UPVC stands for un-plasticized Vinyl Chloride which is a highly durable material used for fabricating window frames and especially doors. Here is a quick look at the top benefits of getting double glazed windows or doors:
- Heating costs take a toll on your electricity bills, and double glazing prevents the passage of cold air from outside and escaping of heat from inside.
- Your home’s carbon footprint is consequently reduced owing to the high energy efficiency of these doors.
- Thus, you get to enjoy warmer winters and colder summers.
- These also offer reduced condensation and cancel excess noise in the neighborhood hence providing you a calm and composed environment.
- Some companies offer the guarantee of up to 10 years on these doors/windows with multiple locking points and advanced locking mechanisms.
- It also adds to the aesthetic value coupled with reduced electricity bills which means the resale value of your home goes up.
However, if you are going for cheap and low-quality UPVC windows, then the seal which packs the two window panes might just separate from the entire setup, and this cannot be repaired. Thus, ensure superior quality of components used by the contractor if you want the door to last for a decade or more!